TDFE ~ TEXAS DIRECTORS OF FIELD EXPERIENCES
The purpose of the TDFE is to provide:
- a forum for sharing ideas and common concerns among the directors of educational field experiences in the colleges and universities of the State of Texas,
- an organizational framework for cooperative action toward improving the quality of educational field experiences by interacting with various organizations, institutions, and agencies, and
- a communication network through which members may act quickly and in concert on issues relating to educational field experiences.
Term of Office: The nominating committee presents a slate of nominees at the fall meeting in even-numbered years. Officers are elected at that meeting and the terms of their office commence at the next June Brown Bag meeting in odd-numbered years.
Conferences and Meetings
CSOTTE Fall 2015 Teacher Education Conference
October 25-27, 2015
Embassy Suites Dallas-Frisco
Summer 2016 Brown Bag Meeting
June 6-7, 2016 (tentatively)
St. Edwards University
TDFE membership is composed of those individuals in public and private educational institutions in the State of Texas who are responsible for administration and coordination of the program of educational field experiences in their respective institutions and who pay the annual dues assessed by the organization.
In October 2002, TDFE voted to align the organization’s fiscal year to that of CSOTTE, which is from October 1 to September 30.
Resources and Downloads
National Field Directors Forum
The National Field Directors Forum is an Affiliated Unit of the Association of Teacher Educators.
The National Field Directors Forum (NFDF) is dedicated to developing quality field experiences, student teaching, and internships assignments. Membership is comprised of educators who have administrative responsibilities in this area without regard to title, rank, or size of program. The Forum provides leadership in the area of professional field experiences.
Dues from qualifying individuals of $20.00 can be submitted to the Treasurer at any time. Our membership year runs from one CSOTTE Conference to the next year's conference. For membership information, email Michele Williams-Laing, email@example.com
- Student Teacher of the Year Application (PDF)
- Constitution and Bylaws (PDF)
- Membership Information Form 2015-16 (PDF)
Submit 2015-2016 Student Teacher of the Year application materials no later than May 15, 2016, to:
University of North Texas
1155 Union Circle #311337
Denton, Texas 76203-5017