TDFE ~ TEXAS DIRECTORS OF FIELD EXPERIENCES
The purpose of the TDFE is to provide:
- a forum for sharing ideas and common concerns among the directors of educational field experiences in the colleges and universities of the State of Texas,
- an organizational framework for cooperative action toward improving the quality of educational field experiences by interacting with various organizations, institutions, and agencies, and
- a communication network through which members may act quickly and in concert on issues relating to educational field experiences.
Term of Office: The nominating committee presents a slate of nominees at the fall meeting in even-numbered years. Officers are elected at that meeting and the terms of their office commence at the next June Brown Bag meeting in odd-numbered years.
Conferences and Meetings
CSOTTE 2014 Fall Conference
Sheraton Austin at the Capital
TDFE membership is composed of those individuals in public and private educational institutions in the State of Texas who are responsible for administration and coordination of the program of educational field experiences in their respective institutions and who pay the annual dues assessed by the organization.
In October 2002, TDFE voted to align the organization’s fiscal year to that of CSOTTE, which is from October 1 to September 30.
Dues from qualifying individuals of $20.00 can be submitted to the Treasurer at any time. For membership information, email Diane Graham.
- Student Teacher of the Year Application (PDF)
- Constitution and Bylaws (PDF)
- Membership Information Form (PDF)
Submit 2013-2014 application materials no later than May 31, 2014, to:
Dr. Elda Martinez
Director of Teacher Education
University of the Incarnate Word
4301 Broadway, CPO #293
San Antonio, Texas 78209
Resources and Downloads
National Field Directors Forum
The National Field Directors Forum is an Affiliated Unit of the Association of Teacher Educators.
The National Field Directors Forum (NFDF) is dedicated to developing quality field experiences, student teaching, and internships assignments. Membership is comprised of educators who have administrative responsibilities in this area without regard to title, rank, or size of program. The Forum provides leadership in the area of professional field experiences.